All employees must register during the spring for permits valid the following fall,
including those employees who wish to be ‘grandfathered’ into their
current lot .
- Except in cases of the loss of a lot, employees who register prior to the established
spring registration deadline are guaranteed a fall assignment to the same lot they
have a permit for on the scheduled grandfathering date.
- Failure to register during this time period may result in loss of a preferred lot.
All information about permits will be mailed to Myid email accounts only
- The priority system will determine assignments and notifications will be made electronically.
The factors considered are job classification and most recent continuous years of
- Employees must adhere to deadlines for payment and/or acknowledgement of assignment
acceptance to avoid forfeiture of an awarded assignment.
Changes may be requested by registering online for a more preferred lot. A new assignment
will be determined by the priority system factors and may result in additional fees
or a refund.
Permanent faculty and staff may choose to have permit fees payroll deducted. Current
Internal Revenue Service regulations allow this to be a pre-tax option of the employee.
Changes in employment status may affect payroll deduction eligibility and it may
be necessary to pay the balance on the permit to avoid cancellation.
Leave Without pay
Personnel leaving campus for an extended period of time should make arrangements
to pay for the balance due on the permit to avoid cancellation or return the permit
to the Parking Services office to avoid being charged. Employees are advised that
if the permit is not continued for the duration of the year, the employee may not
be grandfathered into the lot during the following year’s registration.
Exiting employees are no longer eligible for a permit and must return their permit
to Parking Services. A refund, prorated monthly, may be issued. Failure to return a permit
will result in charges incurred on your account.
New employees must present a UGA ID card, completed New Faculty/Staff Request for
Services form and the tag number of their car to purchase a permit. The first month
must be paid at time of issuance if the payroll option is available.
- New employees will be able to obtain a permit in a lot that has no wait list by
visiting the Parking Services office. If the new employee prefers another area,
they must register and wait for an assignment in the lot requested. Once the area
becomes available the employee will be notified through their UGA email account.
The employee can exchange the issued permit for the new assignment and would be
deducted for the new rate the following month.
- If not eligible for payroll deductions, the permit must be purchased in full.
Retirees must follow the same registration procedures as regular Faculty/Staff.
All retiree permits are pro-rated at 1/2 price and must be purchased for the full
year. Retiree rates do not apply for the Ramsey Center permit.
- Reserved spaces are available to Deans, University Cabinet, and above who wish to have exclusive access to a designated space during enforcement hours of 8AM - 5PM, Monday - Friday.
- The current cost is $60 per month (available on a 12-month basis only).
- Multi-access permits are available to those eligible employees who wish to be able
to park in multiple lots on campus.
- This option is only provided to faculty and staff on a limited basis with management
- The current cost is $60 per month and is only available on a 12-month basis.
- Multi-access permits are not valid in the following:
- Tate Center Deck
- Fire lanes
- Reserved spaces
- State Vehicle spaces
- Pay-by-space sections within E13 and E15
- Designated Patient spaces
- Customer Parking spaces
- Visitor spaces